Saturday, January 22, 2011

Basement Workspace

Welcome to my home away from home...or actually, my home inside my home. This is where I spend all of my time sewing and embroidering. Thankfully, I get natural light from a sliding glass door so it feels less like a basement. It's not the most glamorous workspace (obviously - ha!), but it gets the job done.



My super comfy work chair and desk make sliding between my sewing machine and serger a breeze!





Fabrics by the bolt on the right, fabrics by the yard on the left. I know it looks a little chaotic, but it makes sense to me!



This little 10 drawer rolling tray sits next to my desk and is perfect for holding all my sewing notions.



These rolling bin racks are perfect for helping me keep embroidery blanks, ribbon, key fob hardware, and rolls of chiffon organized!



This is where I do all my cutting. I just love my Olfa cutting mat and rotary cutter. I consider these to be some of my must have tools. These are actually Craftsman work tables pushed together. I love the height - 36" - perfect for standing at. Also, notice the low profile Utilitech flourescent lighting. My dad and I installed 4 of these (8 bulbs total). What's great about these is you can choose the type of light output and they use a fraction of the energy required by standard bulbs. I love working under natural lighting so I'm using the daylight bulbs.



Finally, this rolling cart stores all my finished goodies.

Thanks for stopping by!

0 comments:

Labels

About This Blog

I'm a 30-something mom that loves crafting in every shape and form. Some designs I sell and some I offer as inspiration to others. Hope you find something inspiring while you are here!

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP